by Bogdanov and Bogdanov
Babylon is a small set of rules used to erect a wide array of robust and elegant furniture at a low cost.
The four basic elements of Babylon are:
- 2-by-4 studs;
- joist hangers;
- Circular saw;
- Jig saw;
- Screw gun.
- Media table  .
- Coffee table    with Trivial Pursuit detail   .
- Bar counter   for Reorient (using the M-1 module).
- DJ table with riser    for Reorient made with M-1 modules.
- Shelves/desk wall unit (24 foot)         
- Circular shelves      for Food for Thought, a Picture Projects installation [plan]
- Shelves and bed inside the EyePod (Ford E-150) for The Eye 2004      [plan]
- M-1 for Reorient 2003 [plan] is a modular element based on the Babylon building rules [3D illustration]. M-1 is used as a basis for a table, itself used as a module for several table solutions [dj01] [dj02] [dj03] [bar04] [bar05].
Bogdanov and Bogdanov